Logistics & Distribution management is increasingly becoming more important for various industries since it may lead to reduced operational costs, improved delivery performance and increased customer satisfaction levels. In an increasingly globalized market, LSPs (Logistics Service Provider), also known as third-party logistics providers (3PL) are called upon more than ever before to help customers deliver goods around the region.
The global Logistics industry is witness various challenges including :
- High operational cost
- Low margins
- Shortage of talent
- Infrastructural bottlenecks
- Demand from clients to invest in technology and provide one-stop solutions to all their needs
- Consolidation through acquisitions, mergers and alliances.
- Deregulation / liberalization / privatization
Logistics is too big an industry wherein one-size-fits-all solution is improbable for all logistics companies. Technology must be customized according to specific needs. Our Logistics & Distribution solutions development practice helps companies face these challenges by providing bespoke solutions for all business requirements of clients.
Some of solutions illustrating our capabilities in this domain are enlisted below :
- Freight Management System
- Supply Chain Management
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) integrated solution
- Route scheduling, Map plotting & Location Positioning Systems
- GIS (Geographical Information System) in vehicle routing systems
- Shortest path calculation, efficient path calculation for distribution
- Legacy Transformation Solutions
- Distribution Centre management
- Historical data analysis through data mining and data warehousing to support decision making (DSS)
- Intelligence to forecast supply chain delays, shortage and anticipated damage risk assessment etc.
- Mobile tracking through GPS, GPRS, 3G
- Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS)
- Tracking and management software for iPhone, iPad, Android and tablets
- Plug-in model for scalability and flexibility of the systems
- Web-Based Supply Chain Management
- Multi Party Logistics Management Solutions
- Integration of services, hardware, software, research and consultation services
- Built in integrators, adaptors or interfaces with common internal management system such as ERP
Our rich expertise in this domain have enabled us to serve some of the largest industry players including Exporters / Importers, NVOCCs (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier), 3PL companies, Custom House Agent / Customs Broker, Freight Forwarder, Warehouse providers, Cargo airlines and Shipping lines companies.